Thus far the Lord has helped us
1 Sam 7:12
305 West 1st Ave | PO Box 632 | Lennox, SD | 57039 | 605.647.2659
Lennox Ebenezer Presbyterian Church (LEPC) exists to transform ordinary people into energized disciples of Jesus Christ,
so that by His grace and knowledge we may make, mature and mobilize even more followers in His Name.
Who We Are
Ebenezer means ‘Rock of Help’ and the Apostle Paul said that ‘this Rock is Jesus Christ’
(1 Cor. 10:4). Jesus said, “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will
be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and
the winds blew and beat on the house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the
Since 1888, LEPC has strived to be just that – founded on the rock of Jesus Christ. For the
sole glory of God, everything we do is geared towards growing deeper in our relationship
with our Savior and glorifying Him with our lives. We accomplish this in these four areas:
Worship -- enter and engage the living presence of our God
Christian Education -- enlighten and expose the riches of His Saving Grace
Fellowship and Outreach -- enable and expand His worship community
Mission -- ensure and entreat His world about His Son
LEPC is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) whose identity statement reads, “Faithful to the Scriptures, True to
the Reformed Faith, and Obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.” Being Presbyterian means that our church government
is representative; our leaders are nominated and elected by the church body.
Being Reformed means that we uphold the centrality of God and His sovereign work in the salvation of all of His people. The early
Reformers proclaimed, and we agree with the following declarations, that we are saved:
By Grace Alone
In Christ Alone
Through Faith Alone
According to God’s Word Alone
To God’s Glory Alone
The Purpose and Mission of our Church
(Why we do what we do)
That the people of Ebenezer Church may
...that He is a Holy and Awesome God
...that He demands perfection
...and that we are insufficient to come before Him
AND HIS GRACE
...that He provided our means of salvation
...that through the body and blood of His Son we are made Holy and Blameless
...that we receive this salvation by Faith alone as a truly free gift to us offered only through Jesus Christ
That the people of Ebenezer Church may respond to the knowledge of God and His Grace by
MAKING HIM KNOWN
...by offering ourselves as living sacrifices to His glory alone!
...by praising Him before all men
...by reflecting His love to others
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit to be without error in the original
manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is authoritative to be the only rule of faith and life.
- We believe in the Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit. These three are the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
- We believe all people are created by God and in His image; yet, they seek live self-centered lives alienated from God.
This alienation, sin, results in God’s just displeasure, and can only be remedied by God’s merciful intervention.
- We believe salvation is the work of God, as he chooses to show saving mercy to some that leads them to faith in
Jesus. His choice is based only on God’s grace and not on any person’s individual merit or foreseen faith.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, fully God and fully man. Through his perfect life and sacrificial death,
he restored the relationship between God and all who trust his work on their behalf.
- We believe the Holy Spirit enables people to understand the things of God, renews their wills, and draws them to
Christ so they profess faith. The Spirit then indwells God’s people, giving them the desire and ability to serve the Lord.
- We believe God voluntarily establishes a relationship with his creatures through a covenant. God shows favor not just
to individuals, but also to the families of those who put their trust in him. Those who are saved have a holy fellowship
and communion with God and each other.
- We believe Jesus rose from the dead and will return bodily and visibly to judge the living and the dead. Those who trust
in Christ will be raised to eternal life, and those who by their unbelief remain alienated from God will be raised to
- We believe all aspects of life are to be lived to the glory of God through faith in and obedience to Jesus Christ.
What We Believe